Digital Crossroads | Online program to access French digital creation [FREE]
Registration before April 25th | The Institut français develops Digital Crossroads program, specifically designed to offer foreign professionals who are influential in their fields a better understanding of the French arts scene. In 2021, the Institut français seeks new ways to encourage the dialogue between professionals across the world.
Digital Crossroads is a new online program which address professionals of the digital creation field internationally. It includes a year-round program (May 2021 – October 2021) of professional gatherings and constitutes an invitation to discover the richness of the French digital creation ecosystem by participating in major French events and professional meetings online.
This program is proposed in collaboration with French digital creation events and festivals, in the fields of immersive realities, media arts, digital mediation and cultural innovation : Les Ailleurs – The Elsewheres, Museum Connections, NewImages, the Annecy International Animation Film Festival, PiXii, Recto VRso/Laval Virtual, Cannes XR, Scopitone…
The Digital Crossroads program intends to promote the French digital creation and offers to put international professionals in contact with their French counterparts, in order to encourage bilateral collaborations, to spur the development of coproductions, to facilitate the export of French works and savoir-faire internationally and to enable these industries to access new international markets.
During the course of this program, participants are invited to attend online a series of French events which place digital cultures at the heart of their programming. They will also be offered the opportunity to meet individually with the French key actors of the French digital creation (artists, producers, broadcasters, festivals and cultural venues directors, etc.) thanks to one-to-one meetings.
INTERNATIONAL DIGITAL CREATION PROFESSIONALS ARE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE
The Digital Crossroads program addresses first the professionals of the digital creation field, currently working for established cultural institutions renowned in international networks.
Priority will be given to professionals seeking to further their knowledge of the French cultural and artistic scene, who are in capacity to invite international artists in their institution’s programming and those who seek to strengthen long term collaborations with French venues and artists.
Profiles of professionals addressed by this program include the following:
- Directors and curators of cultural institutions, museums, art centers, art galleries…
- Directors and programmers of festivals and large-scale public events which place a strong emphasis on digital creation contents (i.e “White Nights” events, etc.)
- Producers seeking for international coproduction opportunities
- Public policy makers in charge of cultural and touristic urban facilities which include a strong digital creation component
- Distributors / editors / managers of digital creation catalogues (media arts, video games, XR…)
- Representatives of higher education institutions or universities which include media arts and digital creation curricula
JOIN US ON A DEDICATED PLATFORM
The Digital Crossroads participants will be able to access online to :
- Partner festivals and events, with exclusive contents and VIP events
- A diversity of resources presenting the French works: artists portfolios, interviews, virtual tours and online experiences
- A broad list of contacts gathering French and international professionals who evolve in the field of digital creation
- An online platform to exchange directly and organize one-to-one meetings.
The program is based on an à la carte proposition, where participants can register to attend all or part of the proposed sequences, according to their areas of interest and availabilities.
NB : Participants who will be in capacity to travel to France for in-person attendance to the events will be offered special participation conditions and assistance in the planning of their trip.
Professionals interested in joining the program are invited to submit a participation request on the dedicated event platform prior to April 25th, 2021 :
Access to certain events of the Digital Crossroads programs may be limited according to ticket availability. The selection will be made by the Institut français in Paris, the French cultural network abroad and their partners.
All the information pertaining to the program will be regularly updated.
For questions pertaining to the online registration please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
To register for the program :
- Step 1 : Please register on the dedicated Digital Crossroads platform (registration button hereunder).
- Step 2 : At the end of the registration process, you will be required to create an account on the platform. Please confirm the creation of your account upon receipt of the automatic email.
– Once your registration is confirmed by the Institut français, you will receive an email notification. You will then be able to discover the Digital Crossroads program, the events and contents included and start exchanging online in the dedicated “Networking” section!
– The program will begin in May 2021, however, you may already discover the first contents available and start exchanging as of today.
Annecy International Animation Film Festival
Recto VRso/Laval Virtual
Les Ailleurs – The Elsewheres
Digital November 2022 at the French Institute of Estonia
In November, the French Institute of Estonia celebrates Digital Innovation and we have loads of surprises for you! 👓 Support entrepreneurship ideas from women refugees through the Hackathon organized by Garage 48. 🎮 Come and learn about ways to protect the history of video games...Read more
Panel Discussion – Future of Food, Food for the Future
The French Institute of Estonia and the French Embassy have the pleasure to invite you to the event "The Future of Food, Food for the Future". This panel discussion will take place on the 29th of September at 10:00 at Taltech Mektory Center (Raja 15). The discussion will take...Read more
Digital Events in May in France and Estonia
✨In France In May, France will host many events! Check the list to see if some may concern you or your company! The month will be opened by the wonderful Paris Cyber Summit from the 11th to the 12th, swiftly followed by the Global Industries forum from the 17th to the 20th and its dedicated AI...Read more
FRENCH TOUCH #12 | « Productrices et DJ Françaises »
March 8, 2022
« Productrices et DJ Françaises » is the title of the 12th French Touch playlist. On the international Women's Day, the French Institute of Estonia promotes French women composers of electronic music. ©Collectif La Taquinerie « Productrices et DJ Françaises » is the first playlist of...Read more
Hackathon “EU: Africa The Journey”
EU-Africa: the Journey. An online hackathon & conference to bring fresh solutions to socio-economic problems in Africa and in Europe. From December 9 to 12, online. The #euafricathejourney mission is to mobilize African and European communities to create innovative solutions to...Read more
Documentary screening | “The e-waste Tragedy”, followed by discussion with a Green IT expert
The French Institute of Estonia organises a screening of the documentary “The e-Waste Tragedy” (2014, 86 minutes), by the Franco-German director Cosima Dannoritzer. A journey to the heart of the illegal traffic of electronic waste around the world. When? Nov. 3rd, at 6...Read more
French Minister Clément Beaune to hold a public seminar at Tallinn University
Clément Beaune, the Minister for European Union Affairs of France, will present the vision of the French Presidency of the Council of the European Union in 2022 at a public seminar. The seminar takes place at Tallinn University on 4 September at 12. Märt Volmer, Estonia's Undersecretary for...Read more
Open House Day at the French Institute of Estonia on 26 August
August 26, 2022
The French Institute welcomes you in our cozy building in Tallinn Old Town on 26 August 2022! Come and try out our language courses or take our French test to get know your language level. Free French language courses Level A0-A1 at 17:15-18:15 Level A2 at 17:15-18:15 Level B1 at...Read more
FRENCH COURSES IN TALLINN | SUMMER 2022
A wide variety of language courses awaits you in summer at the French Institute of Estonia! The French Institute offers on-site and online learning courses. Our teachers are waiting for beginners who want to learn the French language as well as experienced learners who want to improve their...Read more